Sunday, January 27, 2013

Simple Sunday

Today in Job, I read:

"Blessed is the one whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty."

It is really difficult to see the beauty in this verse when you are in the midst of a season of discipline.  However, when you are in a season of ease, it is easy to see that one SHOULD want to be corrected.  I say this to my boss all the time.  I want to be a better employee.  How much more should I want to be better child of God?  And, if I could figure out how to be better on my own, then I would be able to sell a LOT of books!.

Then, I look at my own children.  I teach them things so that they will be productive adults.  Occasionally, they need discipline.  Now, discipline means taking away their electronic pacifiers.  But this punishment leaves them space to contemplate why they are in trouble.  Don't I think that God wants me to spend time contemplating Him?  Wouldn't he remove any obstacle to me searching inside myself to see where I have drifted?

No comments:

Post a Comment