Monday, September 17, 2012

What a difference a week makes

I didn't blog all last week.  It was just one of THOSE weeks.  My youngest son is somewhere on the autism spectrum and had an epic meltdown at school.  He goes to private school and they had a meeting of the board to decide if he could stay.  He was given 3 days of OSS and two days of ISS.  And he had to write a letter stating what he plans on contributing to the community, etc.

I was feeling very resentful toward my husband.  At least I have gotten to the point where I recognized that the problem was ME.  I was laying the tablecloth and matching napkins, fixing some fancy smancy food for my pity party.  But the Holy Spirit was telling me that I needed to be filled up by God.

My husband has been out of work almost six months.  It has been difficult emotionally and financially.  I chose to seek God's guidance and not the world's.  So, when he he had an interview on Friday, I asked if I could pray for him.  I find that I am not the best prayer warrior, but I like to pray scripture back to God.  One of the things that happens is that doing this changes my attitude and perspective.  Stormie Omartin says "One of the secrets of experiencing the power of praise is to make a decision that you will worship God no matter what your circumstances."

So, I fixed my eyes on the One who made everything....

Because I was patient and didn't try to meddle and fix stuff and just trusted that I was on the step that I needed to be on, God answered my prayers.  He brought my husband a job!!!

Really...  It isn't the pay, although that will be an enormous help.  It is giving my husband a focus for his day and the understanding that I prayed for God to open the door and it was.

How cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment